May 2015: The unveiling of a plaque commemorating 100 years since the important House Restoration of 1915 which was funded by the Melrose Historical Society. This was the true beginning of the City of Melrose’s love affair with the one of its oldest houses dating back to even further than when Melrose was incorporated in 1850 (previously being considered a part of the nearby town of Malden).
The Plaque also mentioned the lifetime contributions of Beatrice Wadland her late husband Robert Wadland. The photos below are of the new plaque and of Beatrice Wadland.
June, 2015: The third Saturday in June brought forth the Society’s Annual Meeting at the Old House. This also served as an OPEN HOUSE to Melrose residents (and beyond) and was very well attended.
The link below brings a visitor to the article in the Melrose Free Press which went into detail of the event:
July 2015:Melrose Free Press article titled “Old Upham House Unveils New Website. Introducing Melrosians (and beyond) to the new and exciting Upham House web site with a full motion sixty second voiced over VIDEO!
Click this link to read the full article: